LINKS TO MORE ON ISSUES IN SPELLING INSTRUCTION
- Recommended spelling lists associated with the National Literacy Strategy in the United Kingdom for children in Reception to Year 5 classes are available online at:
- The 100 most commonly used words in English writing are online at:
- Attainment targets for spelling within the National Curriculum in the United Kingdom. Go first to National Curriculum Online. Select 'English'. Then click on 'attainment targets' and then finally on 'E3 Writing'.
- The spelling standards from Australian Benchmarks for Literacy can be accessed online at:
- Useful word lists covering general writing needs and specific spelling vocabulary for different specialist subjects within the school curriculum can be located online at: