LINKS TO MORE ON TEACHING AND LEARNING SPELLING
- Information for teachers on the aspects of spelling development that should be addressed under 'word study' is available online at:
- For suggestions on using dictation see: Lightfoot, A. (2005). Using dictation. British Council: Teaching English website at:
- Some useful and relevant principles for teaching spelling are available at:
- A brief but excellent overview of spelling skill development and teaching are provided by Templeton and Morris, available in Reading Online, 5(3)at:
- THRASS (Teaching Handwriting, Reading and Spelling Skills) is a very useful program for developing a thorough understanding of phonic units in English language. Teachers can learn much from it, as well as their students. For THRASS in Australia, see:
For THRASS in the United Kingdom, see http://www.thrass.co.uk.