Professor Val Shute
Stealth assessment in video games
Professor Geoff Masters AO
Learning assessments: Designing the future
Dr Rukmini Banerji
Assessment to action: A case study of new thinking from India
Emeritus Professor Dylan Wiliam
Designing the future for assessment
Presenters at Research Conference 2015 will share advances in the use of assessment for informed decision making by teachers, students, parents, school leaders, system managers and governments.
They will provide glimpses into the future of assessment through research focused on:
- New thinking - using assessment to identify starting points for action;
- New metrics - developing better ways of monitoring students’ long-term progress; and
- New technologies - transforming the ways we collect information for assessment.
Join with invited researchers from Australia and overseas in workshops, papers and panel discussions on:
- designing assessments to improve learning for children and young people
- assessing general capabilities such as ICT, creativity and problem solving
- using new technologies for teaching and assessment
- assessment issues for Indigenous students
Research Conference Updates
Sign up to receive updates, news and alerts from Research Conference 2015
Crown Palladium & River Rooms
8 Whiteman Street, Southbank
Victoria 3006 Australia
ACER is pleased to welcome you to Melbourne for Research Conference 2015, hosted at the magnificent Crown Entertainment complex on the banks of the Yarra River.
Designed to impress and inspire, The Palladium at Crown is Australia’s premier ballroom and the venue of choice for some of Australia’s most prestigious events.
A diverse range of accommodation venues and rooms has been hand-picked for conference delegates.
Including five-star Crown Hotels, these venues are pleased to offer special conference rates for all Research Conference delegates.
A partnership with ACER is a partnership with one of the world’s leading educational research centres. Our goal is to support every learner, every learning professional, every learning institution and our learning society through our work. We invite you to consider supporting us, and our ongoing work to improve learning, by becoming a sponsor of this year’s Research Conference.