BSc, BEd Melb, GradDipEdAdmin HIE, MEnvSc, PhD Monash
Dr Ronald Martin is a Research Fellow in the Assessment and Reporting research program at the Australian Council for Educational Research.
Dr Martin has worked as a sustainable development, education and marketing consultant since early 1999. In 1998 he was employed in monitoring, evaluation and review of educational and organisational change in a large secondary college and has a long history as an educator and administrator. From 1992 to 2001 he spent various periods in PNG on work assignments and in research for higher degrees relating to sustainable development, community development, community-based forestry, monitoring and evaluation and stakeholder relations.
Consequently, he has developed experience in, and sensitivity to, the social and cultural settings prevailing in rural villages and townships and in community consultation. Dr Martin has a genuine multi-disciplinary background covering the physical, biological, ecological and social sciences and has highly developed analytical, conceptual, research and reporting skills.
Dr Martin has 36 years experience in the Education sector. His areas of expertise include:
• Subject Specialisation - 25 years teaching and developing courses in physics, general science, environmental science and mathematics at all secondary levels.
• Educational Assessment - Specific training in educational measurement (University of Melbourne) and educational research methodology (Monash and Melbourne Universities). Application in tertiary and secondary education over 25 years. Test development experience in PSAP and SEARs projects (Australian Council for Educational Research).
• Curriculum Development - Environmental science distance education course (UPNG 2002), management of college curriculum development and co-ordination of curriculum delivery- included introduction of Curriculum Standards Framework (Pembroke S.C. 1998,94,93, Pembroke High School 1988,81-82); Design of statewide interactive physics curriculum and associated materials - Vic. Ed. Dept. Development of a science education curriculum for teacher education courses - LaTrobe University (1970-73); Design of interactive web pages - Encyclopaedia Britannica Online Project (2000).
• Teacher Education - Science pedagogy (Lecturer, La Trobe University School of Education, 1970-73); In-service education programs for secondary teachers in areas of classroom management, student assessment, learning technologies, gender inclusiveness, Curriculum Standards Frameworks (1980-1994, 1998).
• Monitoring and Evaluation - Monitoring of Kamiali ICAD project development, PNG (1995-99), PNG north coast ecoforestry industry development (1992-1995). Preparation of triennial review of all practices in a large multi-campus secondary college (included the measurement of educational and organisational change over time), 1998; Management of whole school review and subsequent implementation of recommendations (1983-85).
• Cross-cultural experience/awareness - Work experience over a number of years in Melanesia, particularly in Papua New Guinea, has been gained among a number of communities. These have included coastal and highland communities and have been mostly rural but experience has been gained with urban communities as well. Extensive travel in central and southern Africa, Malaysia, Europe and throughout Australia has added to cross-cultural experience.
• Senior Management - College management (VP, Pembroke High School, 1986-87); teacher programs, allocation of duties, employment of replacement staff, Pembroke H.S., 1976-84; Pembroke S.C., 1992.
• Equity and Participation/Gender Awareness - Development of inclusive curriculum, particularly gender inclusiveness (Convenor and executive officer, Inclusive Curriculum Committee at Pembroke High School 1988, 84-85); Access Study Reference Group - pathways to universities, Victorian Education Department (1984-85). Specific training in Gender and Development - IDSS (2001).
Follow us on...
19 Prospect Hill Rd Camberwell VIC 3124
T: +61 3 9277 5555
F: +61 3 9277 5500